If over 80% of around 10 million affluent customers are willing to pay over $400 for a hotel room, then understanding exactly what they are looking for and targeting accordingly really can make a difference. Little wonder then that Expedia has the spotlight on this target group.
Expedia data for its luxury audience point to some big differences compared to the Internet average, especially when it comes to purchasing:
When it comes to hotels they are looking at 4-5 star hotels and are 80% more likely to pay $400 to $499 a night.
As far as destinations are concerned:
- 70% more likely to book an international package.
- 39% more likely to book a vacation of 10 or more days.
- 58% more likely to book multi-destination trips versis a single destination and more likely to travel to Bermuda, Caribbean, Belize, Costa Rica & Mexico, Saudi Arabia, Dubai and the United Arab Emirates.
Their habits are a consideration too. Just take a look at these results:
- 32% are more likely to travel without children
- 75% are more likely to be business travelers also.
- 38% more likely to book 31 or more days in advance, 44% more likely to book 8-14 days in advance and, 24% more likely 3-7 days, 20% less than 3 days.
- 66% more likely to book a package over $2,500 to $5k.
Get the full story at EyeForTravel