Here is a compilation of comments from the LinkedIn Sticky Branding Group
- Luxury is something that cannot truly be associated with cost- it can only be measured by the pleasure, comfort and esteem an item or experience gives to it's owner.
- I think luxury can be better defined as having something that other people don’t have. In hospitality: offering services, facilities that your competitor doesn’t offer and - indeed - bring joy or benefit (or both) to the customer.
- Luxury is having a standard of excellence in manufacturing, attention to detail, using the highest quality products to produce what no one has.. Combining these elements in a product and enjoy wearing is Luxury !!
- Luxury is all about quality and design excellence and exclusivity, uniqueness.
- I think luxury means something different to different people, depending on their life-style and what's important to them. Expensive items may not really be a luxury to people who can easily afford the expense. So I think luxury is something 'aspirational', and beyond what we already have or experience.
- Luxury is an individual experience of buying whatever you desire whenever you want.
- The general opinion seems to be that luxury is the acquisition of an item or the realisation of an ambition that leaves one with a feeling of complete satisfaction.
- Luxury is about quality and confidence in the product. To a certain degree, luxury is therefore independent of price