I need someone to assist my present travel reservations team as a 1/2 day consultant making lodge room bookings, chasing provisional bookings, following up on payments etc. This will include working one Saturday from 8am - 1pm every third Saturday and occasional public holidays.
In addition, the other times in your day will be filled with: running the meeting room bookings at the Cowork Space, assisting with admin and fundraising of a charity, assisting in marketing and social media campaigns for safari lodge clients and assisting in the running of a regular Sunday market. Sundays will need to be worked, but you will get Monday off in lieu of the work on Sunday/Saturday.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Come to work with a 'can-do' attitude and a desire to give your best
- Deal with all travel inquires via telephone, the internet, Skype and email
- Thinking out the box and coming up with packages and sales promotions
- Building relationships with the travel trade, locally and internationally as well as donors and market vendors
- Respond to all email and telephonic enquiries relating to reservations, the market, the charity and the meeting room bookings
- Confirm / cancel / extend / amend reservations via email and on booking system, record arrivals & departures schedule... and more
- Collect deposit & balance payments for reservations, market vendors and meeting room bookings
- Release unconfirmed bookings if no deposit is received
- Assist with the setting up the market and running the day - with all the pressure and excitement that goes with it
- Run donor campaigns for the charity and assist in getting this up and running in 2016
- Microsoft Word, Powerpoint and excel
- strong writing and organisational skills - detailed obsessed
- able to work under pressure - lots of it
- own transport
- sense of humour
- social media savvy
Salary: from R 5500 to R 7500 per month depending on your experience.