My business is growing and I am offering my safari lodge clients a reservations service.
I need two energetic, fun loving, dedicated, detailed obsessed reservations consultants to join my team. Relevant reservation or tour operating experience required. Work from a funky new coworking space in Pinelands, Cape Town. To start in October or latest 1 November.
- Come to work with a 'can-do' attitude and a desire to give your best.
- Deal with all travel inquires via telephone, the internet, Skype and email.
- Up-selling and offering alternatives.
- Yield managing and upgrading to release more easily sell able rooms
- Thinking out the box and coming up with packages and sales promotions
- Building relationships with the travel trade, locally and internationally
- Be prepared to work shifts in the week and be on call every third weekend. We are hoping to grow our USA market, so we need someone on duty in the early evening I am looking at an early shift 7am - 4 and second shift 10 - 7, alternating between the reservation team and every third weekend, to be on call, with a mobile phone etc. This can be working from home.
- Responsibility is completing the entire reservations process incl.
- Respond to all email and telephonic enquiries relating to reservations
- Confirm / cancel / extend / amend reservations via email and on booking system
- Collect deposit & balance payments through follow up
- Release unconfirmed bookings if no deposit is received
- Update various booking channels
- Record arrivals & departures schedule... and more
- Check availability of Products/Packages with possible third party suppliers and hold reservations, and then respond promptly, within 12 hours, to the client with various options.
- To book reservations for the client for air, travel, hotel, safari tours and car rentals, and follow up with the client when necessary to secure the reservation.
- Remain informed of all industry rules, processes and regulations. Be curious about our competitors and what they are up to. Know what travel trends could impact our business.
- Handle the pressure of being more sales focused with higher volumes of inquiries and quicker turn-around times.
- Send in a motivational letter along with your CV to email@example.com
- from R8,500.00 - R15 500/month depending on your experience. As I am looking for two candidates, one could be more experienced and one more junior and salaries will reflect this.
- At least 2 years travel related experience in central reservations or touring.
- To apply for one of the positions
- Required experience: