Among the findings:
- Posts containing 80 or fewer characters had 27 percent higher engagement rates than posts longer than 80 characters.
- Yet, only 19 percent of all posts analyzed were this short in length.
- Brands that posted (or scheduled posts) outside of business hours showed engagement rates 20 percent higher than those that posted only during business hours.
- Yet, about 60 percent of posts went live between the hours of 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. ET.
- In general, across all industries, engagement rates were 18 percent higher on Thursdays and Fridays compared with other days of the week.
- in general, engagement rates fell 3.5 percent below average for posts Monday through Wednesday and 18 percent below average on Saturdays.
- Fans are more likely to engage with “events” and “winning” than with “contests” and “promotions.”
- Posts that end with a question result in a 15 percent higher engagement rate than posts that do not end in a question.
- Avoid the question why and instead go with where, when, and would and should, which were shown to result in higher engagement.
Get the full story at AllFacebook